EV charge point installations in Kent and Sussex
With EV charge point use in the Kent and Sussex counties expected to grow exponetially in the next few years, it’s important to ensure that you’re using the right type of charging equipment in order to make the process as painless, cost-effective and, most importantly, as quick as possible.
What are my EV charging options in Kent and Sussex?
There are two main options when it comes to EV charging:
- A ‘slow charger’, which may be supplied to you when you buy your electric vehicle (but don’t assume they’re free as some manufacturers do charge extra for one). A slow charger uses a standard 3-pin plug to take power from your domestic supply and, although simple to use and fully portable, with batteries increasing in size/capacity all the time, it can take 24 hours or more to deliver a full charge. As a result, not only do most manufacturers recommend them for emergency use only, but most electric vehicle owners/users have found them to be a source of frustration and “mileage anxiety”.
- An installed chargerpoint, which is a far more suitable option, particularly if you’re going to use your electric vehicle every day or travel any distance. Installed in a suitable location – a wall-mounted charger is capable of delivering faster charge times, safely and reliably. They are also easier to use and you don’t need to run charging cables from your home to your EV.
What sets us apart
Looking for an electrician for your home or business?
AB Electrical undertake electrical installations and maintenance work across Kent and Sussex
Make your problem our problem, it only takes a few minutes to arrange an appointment. Our friendly, helpful staff will be pleased to assist you and take your booking for all types of electrical repair works, electrical maintenance, electrical inspections and new installations.
Call us now to make your booking.
More about EV charge point installations in Kent and Sussex
Do I qualify for the WCS grant?
You can qualify for the Workplace Charging Scheme if you fulfill the following criteria
1) You’re an registered business, charity, or public sector organisation evidenced by a Companies House reference number, VAT number or HMRC letter
2) You’re an public authority – includes government departments and their agencies, the armed forces, local governments…
or) Your business has received under a certain amount of finaincial assistance from public support in the last 3 fiscal years.
3) You can declare a need for electric vehicle charging equipment or an intent to encourage uptake among their staff and/or fleet
4) You’re located in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland
5) Your premsis has dedicated off-street parking for staff and/or fleets
6) You own the property or have consent from the landlord for chargepoints to be installed at all the sites listed in the application
How do I get an EV charge point installed?
The easiest way is to use a company like AB Electrical, that can both advise on and install a variety of chargers, ensuring that you are presented with the best options to suit your specific needs. The installer will check on the suitability of your preferred location together with your home’s electrical circuitry in advance of the installation and, most importantly, they will have been approved by the manufacturer of the charger, giving you complete peace of mind. They will also handle the OLEV grant application process on your behalf, ensuring that not only do you pay less but that the entire installation process is stress-free.
You can of course buy the unit on its own and then choose your own installer, however they will need to be accredited by the manufacturer of your chosen device